Through routine maintenance, you can help prevent small issues from turning into emergencies, major damage, or costly repairs for your apartment building.
There’s a lot to remember and check off your list, but we’re here to help as your trusted apartment maintenance contractor.
Apartment Maintenance Essentials
Creating an apartment maintenance checklist that you can use as a template really helps simplify the process and also ensure no important details are missed. Here are a few elements to make sure you include:
- Walls. Check for water damage and leaks, fill nail holes, and repair dents or scuffs.
- Floors. Between tenants, give carpets and other flooring a deep professional cleaning. Repair damage, remove stains, and replace old flooring as needed. Also check for mold, mildew, and water damage.
- Windows. Ensure windows are insulated well and functioning properly. Be sure to check the screens as well.
- Cabinets and countertops. Check for water damage as this could be a sign of plumbing leaks. Repair any peeling or warped areas and disinfect these surfaces.
- Appliances. Inspect that there are no leaks, strange noises, or smells coming from appliances. Service them regularly and replace filters.
- HVAC units. Change air filters and service heating and air conditioning units.
- Bathrooms. Check plumbing and ensure there are no leaks, smells, or mold.
- Pest control. Set or check traps, spray for pests, and repair damage as needed.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Make sure these are functioning properly at all times. Replace batteries and test these devices regularly.
- Locks. Change locks between tenants and make sure they’re working properly.
- Exterior lighting. Ensure there’s sufficient lighting on the outside of buildings and along walkways.
- Outdoor spaces. Check for broken or cracked tile, wood, or brick. Make sure railings and banisters are secure.
- Landscaping. Keep these areas well groomed and clear of waste.
- Safety. Inspect each unit to ensure it’s up to code, including having fire extinguishers accessible.
- Security systems. Check security cameras and sensors.
Apartment Maintenance Contractor
Maintaining every unit in an apartment complex is a lot of work, but you don’t have to handle it alone. M.S. Services can help you on a routine schedule as your trusted apartment maintenance contractor.
Contact our team for all of your apartment maintenance contracting needs!