The impression you make with the ambiance of your commercial space matters. A well-maintained interior and exterior can evoke both feelings and actions, so it’s important to take the time to decide on the perfect color scheme for commercial painting.
Here’s a helpful guide from our team to help you choose the best colors for your commercial space.
Consider the services you offer when selecting your color palette. Neutral colors like sandy beige, grays, creamy whites, or even subtle blues can be an excellent choice for office buildings. Shades of white work well for hospitality facilities, and vibrant colors like red, yellow, or orange draw attention to retail stores. In general, darker colors do a good job at concealing imperfections or blemishes. Be sure to choose a flat or eggshell finish.
Consider the customers you’re trying to attract, as well as the personality of your brand. For example, muted, neutral colors align well with a traditional approach or with commercial storage facilities. Primary colors like red or blue paired with crisp grays and whites send a great message for businesses based on commerce or innovation. Bright blues, greens, yellow, and orange boldly attract attention.
The Psychology Of Color
Understanding the psychology of color matters when making your selection. Colors can trigger feelings and set the tone for your space. Here are a few examples:
- Whites are warm, versatile, and clinical in appearance.
- Soft blues are calming and peaceful and also evoke feelings of loyalty and trust.
- Grays are another subtle, neutral choice that provide similar feelings as soft blues.
- Green generally turns individuals towards the environment or luck, and works well in finance or health care facilities. This color encourages success and growth.
- Brown can give an impression of power or expertise.
- Blending blue and green can help employees feel both energized and calm—a great combination for productivity.
- Bold reds and yellows create an energized, lively atmosphere.
- Orange is generally a great choice to communicate value or discounts.
M.S. Services Commercial Painting
Whichever color you choose, make sure you’re being true to your brand, what it stands for, and the message you’re trying to communicate.
Contact M.S. Services today to take the next step for your commercial painting project.