Summer Residential Painting Tips
Residential painting in Omaha, Nebraska is a popular project for any time of year, and if you’re considering tackling it this summer, there are some important considerations to follow.
The summer season brings unique opportunities and challenges for residential painting in Omaha, Nebraska, and M.S. Services can help.
Here are a few considerations to keep in mind when painting your home during the summer season. And, as always, remember that our team can help ensure the job is executed to perfection with professional residential painting in Omaha, Nebraska!
Remember This When Painting Your Home In The Summer
- The sun and warmer temperatures may evaporate some of the water in your paint. This can impact the way it goes onto surfaces and even it’s color. You may need to add moisture back to the paint. The process, called reconstituting, should be done carefully and gradually.
- Direct sunlight can also affect the way paint dries. If possible, paint areas inside and outside your home when they’re shaded. This allows the area to dry before it gets hit with direct sunlight. Painting in the early morning or in the evening when it’s cooler is also a good rule of thumb.
- Heat can especially take a toll on the paint. Adding a layer of ice to the bottom of your paint tray may help with this.
- Be sure to adequately and thoroughly prepare surfaces prior to painting. This helps make sure it adheres properly.
- Use high-quality paint. Spending a few extra dollars can go a long way when it comes to the results you want, plus how long they’ll last.
- Be sure to always store paint in a cool, dry place that doesn’t exceed 80 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help maintain proper consistency.
Residential Painting In Omaha, Nebraska
Having a professional take care of your residential painting in Omaha, Nebraska is the best way to make sure the job is done right.
Our team at M.S. Services is here for you through every season!